Initiated by Pune Running, a non-profit organization dedicated to the cause of health and fitness, the Pune Running Beyond Myself Run is a marathon organized across the city of Pune. Above all else, the aim of the marathon is to motivate. To encourage people to see the countless benefits of long distance running. Organized in the heart of the city, it is open to every member of the public. It is not just a running event but a celebration of community and commitment!
This year, the Pune Running Beyond Myself Marathon will be organized on Sunday, 16th October at 5:00 a.m. The event will comprise of a Full Marathon of 42.195 Km, Half Marathon of 21.1 Km, 10 Km and 5 Km runs.
We invite everyone to join in and experience the exhilaration of being part of a Pan-Pune event! At the run, you will not only challenge yourself but also make lasting friendships. The Pune Running Beyond Myself Marathon will change your life.
Experience the joy of taking a walk amongst a cheerful community! Make friendships while you take this refreshing walk. A perfect day out for the entire family.
The perfect event for beginners, a 5-kilometer run is long enough for anyone to reap the benefits of health boosting hormones. After your first run, you won’t feel like stopping!
You’re in the long distance running club! Don’t stop here, keep pushing yourself and reach the next level.
Welcome! You’ve now graduated to the International Long Distance Run. If this is your first HM, enjoy the run, feel the wind in your face and experience the miles go by.
Introducing Full Marathon
You’re almost there, don’t stop now! Experience the thrill of a full-marathon - set your heart racing!
I WILL RUN
Besides conducting running events in a meticulous manner, we pride ourselves in helping each and every runner take larger strides, figuratively and literally, in the art of running. Many aspirants come to us asking for guidance, so we have initiated the following training programs -
Running comes naturally to humans and is a wonderful exercise to help you stay physically fit. But then, most of us gave up on this good habit long ago and now desperately yearn to get back to it. Starting from scratch is often a struggle though, for various reasons too boring to run alone, worried about injuries, being unaware of the right technique, diet and so on.
Now here’s a program to help someone start from the absolute basics and overcome all inhibitions and challenges along the way. Leap of Faith implies a belief in achieving something that currently seems beyond one’s reach. Well, that is exactly where the program intends to get you!
The details of the program are available here – http://tinyurl.com/punerunningLeapOfFaith.
Contact Details of the coaches - Vikas Kumar (90490 07523), Sudhindra Haribhat (9767053217), Mahesh Narkar (98224 52962).
For training contact the following people:
|#||Area||Contact Person||Mobile No.|
|1||Aundh / Baner / Pashan||
|8||Sinhagad road, Swargate, Satara road, Sahakar Nagar||
|9||Koregaon park, Kalyani Nagar||Anurag Sharma||+91 98 60 029747|
|10||Kondhwa||Rohit Roy||+91 99 21 940919|
Bring yourself, carry a mat/towel, water bottle and passion to run.
Come rain or shine, ST sessions are always on as scheduled
|#||Area||Session Timing||Session Coach||Address||Intensity|
|01||Aundh - Vidyanchal School Basketball Ground||Every Tue & Thu at 5:40 AM||Prasad||https://goo.gl/maps/qS3XLjscLWk||Easy|
|02||Kothrud - SP Mukherjee Garden||Every Tue & Thu at 5:45 AM||Maithili / Sanjay||https://goo.gl/maps/VWJNrPkmoU62||Intermediate|
|03||University / Pashan - Panchavati Garden||Every Tue & Thu at 5:50 AM||Pravin||https://goo.gl/F2Yijn||Advanced|
|04||PR South - Pu La Deshpande Garden Sinhagad Rd||Every Tue & Thu at 5:30 AM||Aniruddha||https://goo.gl/maps/oTQh3jUFwxM2||Intermediate|
|05||Viman Nagar - Symbiosis Mgt college ground||Every Wed & Fri at 5:30 AM||Aparna / Ashutosh||http://bit.ly/1YK00AL||Intermediate|
|06||University - Main building ground||Every Sat at 6:00 AM||Sudhi||http://bit.ly/1VKt3pI||Easy|
|07||Savitribai Phule Udyan, Wakad - Main Gate||Every Tue at 5:45 AM||Dhanu/Hiren||https://goo.gl/maps/ciUE19XUxNk||Easy|
|08||Pimpale Saudagar, Park near Kunal Icon||Every Thu at 5:50 AM||Amit||https://goo.gl/maps/Z99Bsbfq8YA2||Intermediate|
MUSKAAN is a project of Karve Institute of Social Service against Child Sexual Abuse. MUSKAAN mean smile in Hindi and our objective is to protect children from Child Sexual Abuse and help maintain their sweet innocent smile. We believe that every child should be raised in an atmosphere where they will feel safe in all ways. But it is a harsh reality of life that there is a widespread prevalence of sexual abuse of children in our society. Child sexual abuse is rarely reported because of the stigma, fear, and shame attached to it.
|A. Logo mention on backdrop of event, all event gateways and on goody bag as sponsors|
|B. Logo mention as sponsors on Advertising gantries and Hoardings plus A|
|C. Presence on Facebook, E mailers, Web site and A, B and C|
|D. Exclusive bib sponsorship, Logo on T Shirt sleeve, Radio mention and A,B and C|
|E. Title sponsorship with main logo on T shirt, Back drop and at all locations of PRBM 2016 along with A,B,C and|
|F. Barter and custom options: As per Arrangements Call us to discuss|
For sponsorship contact
Sandeep Kolatkar - 9822035650
Whether you’re a first time runner or a seasoned veteran, it’s always important to keep certain pointers in your mind that will help you achieve your best run time and give you that feeling of fulfilment you want.
• The shoes and socks you wear are your most crucial piece of equipment. Make sure they are lightweight and provide good support. Most of all ensure you stay away from blisters and sore feet!
Copy the course:
• While doing your practice runs, ensure that the topography is similar to that of the actual course. If you have to run uphill or downhill or both during the event, find the right practice spot for this kind of route.
• Enquire about how often aid stations and water stations are present at the actual marathon and start drinking at that rate. Drink sports drinks when you need a concentrated burst of energy.
Wear the right clothes:
• Wearing the right running gear will greatly add to your comfort and your ability to focus during the race. Make sure the fabric you wear doesn’t irritate your skin.
• During practice, don’t try to up the ante too much even if you’re feeling really good. Increase your pace at a steady rate, so you don’t tire yourself out.
Rehearse your run:
• Four to five days before the marathon, do a marathon pace practice run in the proper event-day attire. This will provide that last bit of conditioning your body needs.
Two Goals do the trick:
• For race day, set two goals. One for the perfect day when you’re feeling in top shape and another for a hot or windy day when you feel the elements are against you. This will help you make the best out of your race day, even in adverse conditions.
• During the last three days before the event, eat carb-rich food like pasta, potatoes, bread, fruit and fruit juice, low-fat milk and yogurt to ensure you keep your energy levels up.
• Do a small warm-up to loosen the muscles and get blood flowing. Don’t go too heavy though, you want to protect that precious store of energy reserves. Motivate yourself: Talking to yourself before and during the run is a great way to keep yourself motivated. Convince yourself to push harder as the rewards will be worth it and make yourself proud.
• At the end of the marathon, the main aim is to be proud of what you’ve achieved. Participating is half the battle. With these techniques and tips, you’ve got the tools to push yourselves further and aim higher! Now, get those running shoes on! What’re you waiting for?
We've had many runners for the 'Pune Running Beyond Myself' marathon. They joined brimming with energy and enthusiasm and left with the satisfaction of their achievement. Many of them keep coming back! Will you join them this year?
A wonderful run indeed. It was nice to see the old buddies still running, and new buddies running with such zest!! Thanks to all the volunteers who missed their part of running to support their fellow runners. Thanks to all the runners who made the event worth remembering.
Fantastic experience! Extremely well-organised! Loved every bit of it, and ecstatic on completing 10km!
Thank you all organizers! You did a great job with perfect arrangements. It was a lot of fun. Thanks again.
What an event! Very well organized. Greatly done. Had a great time running. Looking forward for more to come.
Very well organized guys, had a great time running. Thank you to the entire team of Pune Running.
Guys, finished 21st. Great to have a world class event right here in Amchi Pune .... Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next one.
I WILL RUN TO INSPIRE OTHERS.
Any doubts? Queries?
Don't hesitate to shoot us with questions.
We promise to never RUN OUT of answers.