Initiated by Pune Running, a non-profit organization dedicated to the cause of health and fitness, the Pune Running Beyond Myself Run is a marathon organized across the city of Pune. Above all else, the aim of the marathon is to motivate. To encourage people to see the countless benefits of long distance running. Organized in the heart of the city, it is open to every member of the public. It is not just a running event but a celebration of community and commitment!
This year, the Pune Running Beyond Myself Marathon will be organized on Sunday, 11th October at 5:00 a.m. from BMCC, Shivaji Nagar. The event will comprise of a Half Marathon of 21.1 Km, 15 Km, 10, Km and 5 Km runs.
We invite everyone to join in and experience the exhilaration of being part of a Pan-Pune event! At the run, you will not only challenge yourself but also make lasting friendships. The Pune Running Beyond Myself Marathon will change your life.
I WILL RUN
PNTRS’ Samavedana is a Non-Profit Organization established in April 2003 by Dr. Charudutt Apte, a neurosurgeon from Pune. It aims to make tertiary healthcare available to the underprivileged sections of society. This is done through Sahyadri Hospital & its branches in & outside Pune. Samavedana patients are treated free of cost by doctors while the hospital too contributes to the cause by providing concessions.
Many factors set Samavedana apart from other NGOs. It operates with a quick sanction process. After its completion, Samavedana takes complete financial responsibility for the patient without any upper limit. Only a small contribution from the patient is required. Donors also get complete information on how their donations are being utilized including socio-economic & medical details of the case, as well as billing & contribution details.
It carries out various programs that impact more than 3500 lives annually. Some of these are: Giving tertiary aid on a case by case basis, organizing a Gynaec Cancer Screening Program, conducting monthly women health check-ups and promoting skin and organ donations through Sahyadri Hospital’s Skin Bank.
Some of its upcoming projects are:
Till date, Samavedana has saved the lives of over 985 patients and raised more than 8.9 Cr for the cause of medical Aid.
To know more:
Besides conducting running events in a meticulous manner, we pride ourselves in helping each and every runner take larger strides, figuratively and literally, in the art of running. Many aspirants come to us asking for guidance, so we have initiated the following training programs -
Running comes naturally to humans and is a wonderful exercise to help you stay physically fit. But then, most of us gave up on this good habit long ago and now desperately yearn to get back to it. Starting from scratch is often a struggle though, for various reasons too boring to run alone, worried about injuries, being unaware of the right technique, diet and so on.
Now here’s a program to help someone start from the absolute basics and overcome all inhibitions and challenges along the way. Leap of Faith implies a belief in achieving something that currently seems beyond one’s reach. Well, that is exactly where the program intends to get you!
The details of the program are available here – http://tinyurl.com/punerunningLeapOfFaith.
Contact Details of the coaches - Vikas Kumar (90490 07523), Sudhindra Haribhat (9767053217), Mahesh Narkar (98224 52962).
And then the icing on the cake – All these programs are organised by us for FREE! All you have to do is join in the fun!
I WILL RUN
The Pune Running Beyond Myself Charity Walk & Run is organised by Pune Running, a group of fitness enthusiasts in Pune. Most of us run most days of the week. Week end runs are usually long and we usually do them together unless we are out to other running events across the globe. Most of us have run Half and Full Marathons all over India and outside. We run for fitness, most of us are regular folks that have a regular work life with a passion for running.
Whether you’re a first time runner or a seasoned veteran, it’s always important to keep certain pointers in your mind that will help you achieve your best run time and give you that feeling of fulfilment you want.
• The shoes and socks you wear are your most crucial piece of equipment. Make sure they are lightweight and provide good support. Most of all ensure you stay away from blisters and sore feet!
Copy the course:
• While doing your practice runs, ensure that the topography is similar to that of the actual course. If you have to run uphill or downhill or both during the event, find the right practice spot for this kind of route.
• Enquire about how often aid stations and water stations are present at the actual marathon and start drinking at that rate. Drink sports drinks when you need a concentrated burst of energy.
Wear the right clothes:
• Wearing the right running gear will greatly add to your comfort and your ability to focus during the race. Make sure the fabric you wear doesn’t irritate your skin.
• During practice, don’t try to up the ante too much even if you’re feeling really good. Increase your pace at a steady rate, so you don’t tire yourself out.
Rehearse your run:
• Four to five days before the marathon, do a marathon pace practice run in the proper event-day attire. This will provide that last bit of conditioning your body needs.
Two Goals do the trick:
• For race day, set two goals. One for the perfect day when you’re feeling in top shape and another for a hot or windy day when you feel the elements are against you. This will help you make the best out of your race day, even in adverse conditions.
• During the last three days before the event, eat carb-rich food like pasta, potatoes, bread, fruit and fruit juice, low-fat milk and yogurt to ensure you keep your energy levels up.
• Do a small warm-up to loosen the muscles and get blood flowing. Don’t go too heavy though, you want to protect that precious store of energy reserves. Motivate yourself: Talking to yourself before and during the run is a great way to keep yourself motivated. Convince yourself to push harder as the rewards will be worth it and make yourself proud.
• At the end of the marathon, the main aim is to be proud of what you’ve achieved. Participating is half the battle. With these techniques and tips, you’ve got the tools to push yourselves further and aim higher! Now, get those running shoes on! What’re you waiting for?
I WILL RUN
We've had many runners for the 'Pune Running Beyond Myself' marathon. They joined brimming with energy and enthusiasm and left with the satisfaction of their achievement. Many of them keep coming back! Will you join them this year?
A wonderful run indeed. It was nice to see the old buddies still running, and new buddies running with such zest!! Thanks to all the volunteers who missed their part of running to support their fellow runners. Thanks to all the runners who made the event worth remembering.
Fantastic experience! Extremely well-organised! Loved every bit of it, and ecstatic on completing 10km!
Thank you all organizers! You did a great job with perfect arrangements. It was a lot of fun. Thanks again.
What an event! Very well organized. Greatly done. Had a great time running. Looking forward for more to come.
Very well organized guys, had a great time running. Thank you to the entire team of Pune Running.
Guys, finished 21st. Great to have a world class event right here in Amchi Pune .... Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next one.
I WILL RUN TO INSPIRE OTHERS.
Amura Marketing Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Founded in January 2010, Amura has grown into the biggest digital marketing company for real estate. Amura is known for its unparalleled expertise in this vertical, with proficiency in marketing automation and big-data analytics.Headquartered in Pune, with offices in Mumbai, Delhi and Bengaluru, Amura offers its clients services ranging from online advertising and sales consulting to social media marketing, mobile marketing and web & mobile app development. With its unique fusion of business strategy, data analytics and process automation, Amura has pioneered an era of an engineered approach to marketing – from intuition-based to data-driven.
Any doubts? Queries?
Don't hesitate to shoot us with questions.
We promise to never RUN OUT of answers.